A Tour of my Online Course
Course Spotlight – Look inside the Course
My Online Course has been featured on my Teacher Dr. Kelly Edmonds’ Blog. She builds learning journeys, not just Online Courses. Her Course Designs take students through a rich experience integrating a range of modern technologies with ol’ school methods and human contact.
Check out the Student Spotlight on Dr Kelly’s Blog. Below I give you some of the highlights!
Name of the Course: Setting the Project Sponsor up for Success
My conviction is that the role of a Project Sponsor is the most important role in any change programme. Yet it is probably the least understood in a project management context and least supported in terms of training and coaching support. This is why I have developed an Online Course for Project Sponsors.
“Setting the Project Sponsor up for Success” is the Course that delivers the basic set-up for any Project Sponsor looking to fine-tune their performance in the role. The Course takes them through a journey of discovery and learning – with it they will start on a journey to become a more effective and visible Project Sponsor. They will save time in the long run, be less stressed and have better results (more projects on time in budget to quality).
The Course explores how their traditional way of working in the project context might have caused them overwhelm and placed too much on their plate. They will better understand their role, eliminate assumptions and define the role for their specific circumstances to then formalize and agree to it with the team. They will also reflect on where they might have some skills gaps and actively establish a powerful action plan to form new and better Project Sponsor habits.
- Lesson 1: How to empower the Project Sponsor role (perceptional change)
- Lesson 2: Revolutionise the Project Sponsor role (strategy building)
- Lesson 3: Change your habits to be a successful Project Sponsor (taking action)
Senior managers in organisations, they could be finance managers, directors, middle or senior managers in all sectors, all functions. Wherever there is a project, there should be a senior person sponsoring it and performing the role well!
A peek inside the Course
Main benefits for learners
- Better understanding of the role of Project Sponsor
- Embrace a role description tailored to their circumstances
- Develop clear communication around how they want to work with the project team
- Create a baseline of their performance and clarity about areas for improvement
- Develop a clear powerful action plan to become a better project sponsor
- Practice habit building to develop new Project Sponsor behaviours
- Course is laid out over 3 weeks, 1.5-2 hours’ time investment per week
- It is an Online Course, hosted on Thinkific and is made up of 3 major lessons.
- Lessons are a combination of video, voice over slides, text lessons, PDF documentation, reflective journal and supplementary writable PDF worksheets
- Material repository for easy retrieval of checklists and templates
- 12 months access to materials
- One-time payment of: GBP 197 (inclusive of any applicable VAT and other taxes or levies which are imposed or charged by any competent authority.)
“I have worked on many Change Programmes and I can’t think of many examples where Project Sponsorship was carried out inline with Best Practices. Most Project Sponsors would benefit from this guidance!”
~ Transformation Director
If you are interested, check out the Course: Setting the Project Sponsor up for Success.